Due to the color, the warmth and electrical properties of amber the reputation of its protective and magical nature is widely known since antiquity. So it is not surprising that thousands of years now it was burned as incense during religious and spiritual ceremonies. While burned, amber releases a pleasant pine scent.
Due to its organic nature, the color of amber often varies and depends on
a) the type of the coniferous tree,
b) the ground's components and
c) the high pressures and temperatures it has suffered, during the millions of years, it was inside the soil.
Low temperatures and pressures give light shades of yellow or gold. While these are increased the colors darken and they range from honey amber to dark brown. Genuine amber is soft and warm to the touch, unlike the plastic which is hard and cool.
Amber, according to tradition is a powerful healer and cleanser of the body, mind and spirit as:
- Draws the disease from the body and heals and renews the nervous system.
- It absorbs pain and negative energy, helping to alleviate stress.
- Clears depression, stimulates the intellect and promotes self-confidence and creative self-expression. - Attracks happiness and love.
- Opens the throat centre, treating goiters and other throat problems.
- Neutralizes negative vibrations and protects against radiation and electromagnetic pollution
Zodiac : Leo, Aquarius.
(Information Sources: Jewelpedia, Wikipedia, Charms of Light, The world of Precious & semi-precious stones by Rudolfi Duda & Luboš Rejl and Crystals - Guides of Light by Shakila-Ioanna Brati)